Heavy Duty Open Water Floating Curtains
Our sea curtain system provides a multipurpose float assembly for use with a range of skirt configurations from Heavy duty oil containment booms to...
Our sea curtain system provides a multipurpose float assembly for use with a range of skirt configurations from Heavy duty oil containment booms to heavy duty high integrity silt curtains. The individual float logs are 2m long and 300mm high foam filled HDPE through bolted reinforcing belting on the skirt assemblies. They are able to sustain hits from small vessels and are easily changed when required. In addition to use in open water conditions the float system is suitable for use on:
- Permanent installations for oil and debris containment/diversion at plant outfalls and intakes
- Heavy baffles for sewage and water treatment plants and oil field dewatering ponds
- Permanent installations around sensitive ship discharge and loading operations
- Frequent deployment around ship bunkering and transfer operations
- Storm water outfall and weed containment netting booms
- Toxic algae trawls using flow through skirts
- High durability baffle systems
The main features of our open water curtains are:
- High strength (>400kN) longitudinal strength on float and ballast assemblies
- Conventional anchor connection points are integrated into the float assembly and retain equivalent loading capacity to the float assembly
- Floats are rotationally moulded foamed HDPE through bolted on the skirts making them impact resistant and easily replaced if required
- Curtain skirts are available up to 30m deep
- Skirts are fabricated from 200kN wide width tensile knitted PE
- A large proportion of the components are re-useable
- Offer long term deployment with limited maintenance
- Capable of being bottom anchored
As a float assembly for our high integrity sediment curtains they are routinely deployed in the harshest conditions.
The curtain pictured is over 5km long, and was deployed in an southerly exposed location on Botany Bay Australia and experiences winds to 100kph and short interval wind generated waves up to 1.5m.