Baffle Curtain Systems
Argyle Commercial designs, manufactures and can install if required a range of fixed and floating baffle systems for applications associated with:
- Process water ponds, where floating baffles are used to increase detention time. To enable positive control of flow we have also developed flow through window system which may be opened or closed depending on requirements
- Treatment cells and empoundments. Some applications applied to date include control of flow through treatment system and direction control to improve aerator efficiency
- Hanging baffles in waste water treatment systems, where positive support is available within treatment cells
- Floating baffles in potable water treatment plants. These include within reservoirs to allow suspended solids to fall out of inflow water, thus easing the burden on filtration systems during period of peak flow eg. storm events
- Fixed baffles within tank reservoirs to increase the detention time within tanks. These hanging baffles are often installed in bore supplied potable water systems
The baffle can be constructed using either reinforced flexible membranes, non-reinforced High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) or Polypropylene membranes. Fitted with either encapsulated or two part bolt on floats.
Also available for purchase are a full range of installation hardware including bottle screws, shackles, wire ropes and ballast chain all in stainless steel.
- Mooring and towing assemblies, consisting of bridles, lines and various types of anchors are available to meet deployment needs.
- Tidal (level) compensating systems are available for permanent installations.
- Transportation, storage and deployment crates are also available.