Level 2 Intermediate Spills Response Training
Basic Oil & Spills Response Training Level 2 - 4 Hours AIM To enable personnel operating within specific environments to safely and competen...
Basic Oil & Spills Response Training
Level 2 - 4 Hours
To enable personnel operating within specific environments to safely and competently respond to oil and chemical spill incidents in those environments.
At the conclusion of this four hour training session the participants will:
- Be alerted to the effects of spills into client-specified environments
- Have the necessary information to be able to safely and effectively respond to spill incident within those environments
- Be fully briefed on the benefits of good housekeeping practices in regards to stored liquids
Participants will gain knowledge in responding to spills of oils and chemicals and will be actively involved in the setting up and maintenance of spill response equipment and the proper storage, use and disposal of liquids at specified sites. They shall be made more aware of the W.H.S and environmental aspects of spills and be conversant with their responsibilities under the S.O.P's
(Standard Operating Procedures) as laid down by their company.
The three hour training session shall be presented by field experienced, Cert IV trained and accredited instructors and will be divided into modules with a short (5 minute) break between each module presentation. These modules will cover the following subjects:
- Safety First – equipment and personnel protection
- Overview & introduction to current NSW WHS Legislation
- Environmental site spill risk assessment
- Preparation of pollution incident and response management plans
- Liaison with Fire, EPA & other Agencies
- Incorporation of the company emergency plans & procedures
- Spill team development and actions
- Practical steps in clean-up techniques & use of resources
- Spill simulation exercise including practical training in the use of spill response kits and resources.
- Initial responses to a spill incident
- Available resources, equipment, spill kits etc.
- Follow up and reporting requirements
- Disposal – EPA licences, self-waste transportation
- Remediation procedures
- Competency certificates are provided to those participants who have complete our 2, 3, 4 and 8 hour courses.
- Argyle Commercials Training provides the participants an up to-date approach to the following needs and outcomes:
- What is a spill? What this training covers?
- CLIENT Environmental Policy and existing S.O.P.’s.
- Environmental effects of oil and other products on ground, hardstands and water
- Containment Techniques
- Sorbents and their suitability on this site
- Site requirements for spill stations design
- Waste minimisation and Disposal techniques
- Good housekeeping and spills prevention
- If applicable - other products/chemical spills – what do the participants know?
- Effects of spills on O.H.&S.
- Group discussions on perceived site problem areas and effects on neighbours
- Integrating spills into company S.O.P.’s
- General question time
- Competency-based Quiz (multiple choice)
- Issuance of Certificates
A Level 3 Certificate of either "Argyle Commercial Spill Training" or TAFE RTO Certificate of Attainment (Unit Accreditation MSAPMSUP172A-I "Identify and Minimise Environmental Hazards"), shall be gained by full attendance and active participation in the nominated exercises and competent answering of the course questions.