Basic Spill Training
Spill Savvy - General Environmental Awareness & Spill Kit Induction Basic Course
Argyle Commercial's basic spill kit training program runs for around 1 hour and covers legislation, housekeeping and spill response.
The purpose of "Spill Savvy" is to provide basic on site awareness to personnel in the workplace of their responsibility and duty of care in relation to the environment, including a brief overview of different spill control and containment methods and the appropriate steps in using spill response kits.
The introduction to the course ensures all participants are made aware of their responsibilities, legal obligations and duty of care in the workplace. Information is provided regarding the different absorbents available, methodology of containing liquids and options in relation to the appropriate steps in attending to a spill.
The main content of this course concentrates on the correct six step procedures for using spill kits. This is broken up in to the following:
- Initial response Evaluation of the spill area
- Control Stop the spill
- Containment Containing the spill
- Clean Up Absorbent selection and use
- Disposal Methods Ensuring the used absorbent materials are disposed of in the correct manner
- Reporting & Restocking Reporting to Management and any other relevant authorities and ensuring all used materials are replaced
A certificate is issued to each participant on their successful completion of the course. The approximate duration of the course is 1 hour, and the ideal number of participants is 10-15, max 20.
Codes are as follows:
|200-0000||Basic Spill Response Training|